Staff Cyber Systems Engineer (Active Secret Clearance Required)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history!
Northrop Grumman's Military and Civil Space Division is seeking a cybersecurity system engineer to assist with new and legacy systems development. This is a technical leadership role working closely with Programs, Information Security, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Hardware Engineering and other organizations to ensure our products and development environments are resistant to cyber and other threats and compliant to government cybersecurity requirements.
The ideal candidate will be a highly organized self-starter with the ability to work with all levels of management with minimum supervision. He/she will also help shape the direction of our secure development practices through training and other forms of advocacy.
Candidate must have the ability to obtain/retain DoD 8570 IAT Level III Certification (CISSP, CISA, CASP, CCNP, GCIH or GCED) within six months of employment.
- Engages with programs from concept and design through implementation, test and deployment to develop secure, resilient systems.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Bachelor's Degree in a S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) Field and 14 Years of professional exempt level work experience;12 Years with Master's Degree in a S.T.E.M. Field; 9 Years with PhD in a S.T.E.M. FIeld.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance must be held and maintained. U.S. Citizenship is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of cybersecurity experience.
- Cybersecurity domain knowledge (information assurance, anti-tamper, intrusion detection, software protection, software assurance, communications security, encryption/key management, network security, reverse engineering, countermeasures, certification and accreditation, special security endorsement).
- Knowledge of fundamental information technology principles, concepts and techniques including software languages, design concepts, test methods and integration practices.
- Candidate must obtain a recognized IAT Level III Certification (CISSP, CISA, CASP, GCIH or GCED) within six months of starting.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance
- CISSP or other cybersecurity certification
- Experience with the Risk Management Framework (NIST 800-53)
- Knowledge of DoD policies and requirements related to cybersecurity including DoD 8500.01 and 8510.01
- Familiarity with C, C++ and real-time operating systems
- Experience with application security assessment tools such as Fortify and Coverity
- Experience with network security assessment tools such as Nessus and Nmap
Back to top