Staff Cyber Protection Engineer
Are you interested in expanding your career through experience and exposure, all while supporting a mission that seeks to ensure the security of our nation and its allies? If so, then Northrop Grumman is the place for you. As a leading global security company, we provide innovative systems, products and solutions to our customers worldwide. We are comprised of diverse professionals that bring different perspectives and ideas, understanding that the more experiences we bring to our work the more innovative we can be. As we continue to build our workforce we look for people that exemplify our core values, leadership characteristics, and approach to innovation.
We are looking for a Staff Cyber Protection Engineer for our Defense Systems sector. The qualified applicant will become part of the Aerospace Cyber Effects (ACE) Group.
Position Summary / Responsibilities:
- Conducts network or software vulnerability assessments and penetration testing utilizing reverse engineering techniques on avionics and embedded systems.
- Performs vulnerability analysis and exploitation of applications, operating systems or networks. Identifies intrusion or incident path and method. Isolates, blocks or removes threat access.
- Evaluates system security configurations.
- Evaluates findings and performs root cause analysis. Performs analysis of complex software and systems to determine both functionality and intent of software systems.
- Contributes to the design, development and implementation of countermeasures, system integration, and tools specific to Cyber and Information Operations.
- May prepare and present technical reports and briefings.
- May perform documentation, vetting and weaponization of identified vulnerabilities for operational use.
In this role the you will apply extensive technical expertise and creativity to develop solutions to complex problems. W ill have full knowledge of related disciplines. Work will be performed with minimal direction and the you will be given considerable latitude in determining the objectives of the assignment.
Completed work will be reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective with the ultimate results contributing to the successful completion of a major program or component thereof. The successful candidate will represent the organization as a prime technical contact and interact with senior customer personnel on significant technical matters.
- Bachelors in Science with a minimum of 14 years experience OR Masters with a minimum of 12 years experience.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience conducting penetration testing and vulnerability assessments of avionics and embedded systems.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience identifying vulnerabilities in one or more of the following software languages:
- Minimum of 4 years of experience working in two or more of the low level assembly languages:
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with one or more of the Reverse Engineering or debugging tools:
- IDA Pro
Must possess an active Secret with the ability to obtain/maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
- Any of the following certifications
• Offensive Security Certified Professional (OSCP)
• Offensive Security Certified Expert (OSCE)
• Offensive Security Certified Exploitation Expert (OSEE)
- Experience with control systems protocols for aircraft, spacecraft, or other vehicles, e.g. MIL-STD-1553, CAN, Spacewire, or ARINC
- Active Top Secret with the ability to obtain/maintain Special Access Program (SAP).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top