Staff Computer Systems Architect (TS/SCI)
- Redondo Beach, CA
The Payload and Ground Systems division of Northrop Grumman Space Systems is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Computer Systems Architect. The position will be located in Redondo Beach, CA.
The Integration and Support Group (ISG) has an immediate need for a Senior Computer Systems Architect to plan, design system architecture, and lead implementation for new and existing complex computer systems. The role includes determining systems specifications, applying advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts, and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility and maintenance of system security. The Systems Architect will coordinate designs of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes, and resolves program support deficiencies. Other responsibilities are the development and recommendation of corrective actions and providing technical guidance for Linux System Administrators and interfacing with software developers.
The candidate will be responsible for directing technical team members to perform system buildups, managing priorities, meeting deadlines and working within budgets. The candidate will work directly with management, defining tasking and support of management meetings and reviews. This position requires coordination and interfacing with the internal and external customers and program management. Candidate will work in a dynamic team environment, defining processes and resolving complex problems. The candidate must have the ability to complete tasks with minimal direction and oversight, and mentor junior engineers.
- 14 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor's degree; 12 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 9 years of relevant experience with a PhD; an additional 4 years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Proficiency in; Linux, Network Attached Storage, Networking, Virtualization & Cloud technology
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, with the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Active SCI access or active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access
- Previously adjudicated polygraph
- Extensive integration experience in operational sites
- Experienced in software and network architectures is highly desirable
- Red Hat Linux certified
- Security+ or similar security certification
- Demonstrated high level briefing experience
- Demonstrated complex problem solving and decision making skills
- Successful team building for technical solutions and engaged teams
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top