Staff Cloud Network Engineer 5 - TS/SCI/Poly required
- Dulles, VA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Are you passionate about making technical breakthroughs and solving complex problems? If so, this may be the role for you! The program has an immediate need for a Staff Network Cloud Engineer to create and deliver the architecture, engineering design and implementation plan for an enterprise level network. The primary focus of this position is designing and implementing an enterprise level network that support customer's vision for hybrid cloud environments with appropriate security layer of protection for the network. The engineering design must be flexible and scalable to support the support the infrastructure hosting workloads for both on premises and cloud services. The secondary focus of this position is designing and implementing an enterprise level security solution to protect the hybrid cloud network.
• The selected individual will need to have diverse Networking background, and strong hands-on technical experience, organizational and interpersonal skills.
• The selected individual will be expected to conduct research and analysis to provide a recommendation for the suitable security technology to protect the hybrid cloud network; then deliver the engineering design and execution plan to implement the chosen technology
• The selected individual will be expected to quickly self-learn new technologies, work in a team environment, and mentoring others as needed.
• The successful candidate will demonstrate in-depth understanding of networking to include routing, switching, firewall (stateful, stateless), network monitoring and management. The candidate must demonstrate on-the-job expertise designing, configuring, implementing, and troubleshooting these various technologies and protocols.
• The selected individual will be familiar with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or similar cloud services and have experience designing, configuring, provisioning, and deploying solutions specifically at the network layer.
• The selected individual will be expected to have a thorough understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle, software development, and know how to craft good requirements and specifications documentation.
This position is located in the Dulles/Herndon area.
Additional medical screening may be required based on customer requirements.
NGMSCIMS #LI-M-105 CIMS
Back to top