Staff Business Development Rep (Commerce, CA)
- Huntington Park, CA
• Develop and maintain relationships with current and potential customers and stakeholders within the Space Components Propulsion Products Business Segment.
• Gather intelligence through customer interaction and market analysis to identify strategic new business opportunities.
• Prepare consolidated business development capture plans and pursuit briefings in support of new business acquisition.
• Proactively work with external customers and internal stakeholders across departments and business segments to execute structured and planned business development and capture initiatives.
• Develop and deliver presentations to customers that communicate recommended propulsion solutions that address cost, schedule, performance, and heritage.
• Develop presentations and white papers that communicate growth strategies and plans for legacy and new programs to senior management.
• Coordinate customer visits, internal meetings and web-based conferences in support of new business development.
• Perform research activities in support of new business development, capture strategy, and proposal development.
• Coordinate with key suppliers and subcontractors to develop pricing for key components.
• Conduct product trade studies to help customers identify tank solutions.
• Maintain the business development Salesforce database for all active new business opportunities and pursuits.
• Lead bid and proposal activities, including developing basis of cost, pricing, and generating proposal volumes.
• Function as the primary customer service representative for Northrop Grumman on pre-contract support activities.
• Maintain and update the propulsion products website.
• Bachelor's degree required; MBA or Advanced Degree Preferred.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in Business Development/Marketing or related roles with demonstrated strong experience with space propulsion products background.
• Candidates must have demonstrated professional management and customer stakeholder communication skills and experience.
• Self-Starter with excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills.
• Team player who is results oriented with winner mentality.
• Demonstrated experience in effective and successful negotiations.
• US citizenship required.
• 10% Domestic and International travel required.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top