Staff Behavioral Research Scientist (People Analytics)
- Falls Church, VA
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Behavioral Research Scientist to join the Northrop Grumman People Analytics team. This position reports to the Manager, Employee Research and Competitive Intelligence, People Analytics. This position will sit in Falls Church, Virginia.
People Analytics is a team of scientists, analysts, U/X experts, and technologists who use science to inform our most important people decisions and to enable an industry-leading employee experience. As a member of the People Analytics team, you will be responsible for developing employee research methods and analytics to generate insights and empower our leaders and HR partners to better understand their organizations and drive strategy.
As Behavioral Research Scientist, you will be a key member of our team. You will have the ability to see the big picture and make decisions that align with our long-term Employee Research strategy.This position will require effective collaboration with key stakeholders, as well as external vendors.
Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Support the team's Agile sprints through collaboration across the team on a
wide variety of projects leveraging your expertise
• Analyze and interpret data and indicators using statistical methods
• Respond to ad-hoc reporting requests from organizational stakeholders
• Explain complicated technical results in a compelling and understandable way
for a non-technical audience
• Develop effective partnerships with internal and external stakeholders
• Drive progress and the successful completion of project timelines
• Master's degree in Industrial / Organizational Psychology and 13 years of
working experience with applied research methodologies and performing data
analysis in a professional environment; OR 15 years of working experience
with a Bachelor's
• Knowledge of best practices around topics such as training and development,
leadership, retention, and selection
• Outstanding organization and project management skills
• Exceptional relationship building with an ability to manage customer
expectations in an efficient and effective manner
• Experience in leading survey design and statistical analysis
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning with flexibility to adapt to shifting priorities
and navigate ambiguous situations
• PhD in Industrial/Organizational Psychology or related field
• Experience in talent management and/or change management projects
• Experience gathering information from various data sources to include:
surveys, HRIS systems, structured interviews, focus group sessions, etc.
• Technical experience with SQL, R, Python, and Tableau
• Experience with the Qualtrics Survey Platform
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top