Staff AWS Cloud Architect
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career. Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a cloud architect to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD, Redondo Beach, CA, McLean, VA, or Fairfax, VA area.
This position will be responsible for leading the development of a secure cloud infrastructure with services that focus on the mission and customer needs of all NG sectors, external partners, programs of record, and Department of Defense (DoD) stakeholders.
This individual will be a subject matter expert (SME) with Cloud (IaaS, PaaS, and SaaS) strategy, security, edge nodes, containerization and consulting experience, capable of visualizing what it means to go from legacy computing environments to utilizing the best, world-class secure Cloud computing offerings available for delivery at an enterprise scale.
This position will have the responsibility to drive the processes, onboarding, tools, and product capabilities necessary to identify, develop, plan, and execute secure cloud offerings for the purposes of impacting business outcomes across Northrop Grumman. The cloud architect will also collaborate and team with other technical SMEs, business stakeholders, and functional organizations to achieve our goals.
• Bachelor's degree and 14 years of experience, or Master's degree and 12 years of experience, or PhD and 9 years of experience.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Active DoD Top Secret security clearance and ability to maintain this clearance.
• Ability to cleared to special access programs.
• At least 3 years of Cloud design, execution, and supporting of Cloud based solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of Cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
• Hands-on experience designing and/or implementing cloud-based and/or cloud-native solutions in production workloads.
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect certification.
• Experience designing and architecting solutions in Redhat Linux and Windows domain.
• Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IS related field.
• Experience operating under or managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Security +CE certification or ability to obtain within 6 months of hire date.
• VMware and ESXi (6.x or higher) configuration and management experience.
• Experience building and maintaining Nutanix hyperconverged infrastructure.
• Experience working with a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI).
• Windows 7/10 administration experience; Windows Server 2012/2016 experience; Group Policies (GPOs) experience; Active Directory management experience.
• Solid writing skills and use of Sharepoint sites for documentation.
• DoD 8570 Certification in a primary OS (Windows, Linux, Cisco).
• Currently active Top Secret/SCI clearance.
• Experience performing operations in an Agile framework.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top