Staff Antenna Design Engineer
- Cincinnati, OH
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Staff RF Antenna Design Engineer
Join Northrop Grumman - Xetron, part of Mission Systems sector, focused on the development of new capabilities for our military and intelligence customers around the globe.
Remember when you were eager about getting to work because of the excitement of the challenge, the importance of the solution, and the fun you had with your team? Xetron is that kind of place! As a small Operating Unit of the larger Northrop Grumman Corporation located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Xetron is a rare example of a company with a small business culture, operating collaboratively with its larger business entity. This unique relationship offers employees the ability to literally know everyone at the site at a personal level while still working on technologies and products that are beyond state-of-the-art. You'll get the opportunity to wrestle with the next big problems in an atmosphere of collaboration and cooperation, sharing your expertise with team members at all levels.
If you're the type of person that likes to see a product through the full development lifecycle from concept to deployment, this is the place for you.
We are seeking a cleared or clearable Staff RF Antenna Design Engineer who is self-motivated, energetic with a background in Electromagnetics, Electrical Engineering, or Physics and is interested in joining our highly skilled RF Hardware team to lead the development of unique solutions critical to global security. This role will support on-going programs and rapidly growing business. The perspective candidate will play a lead role in antenna product design and engineering as well as advanced technology development. Many of the problem-sets our customer expect us to solve do not have known solutions, so ingenuity is essential. We are pushing the boundaries of what is possible on the ground, in the air and in space.
The selected engineer will:
- Research, design and implement antenna systems for low SWaP (size, weight & power) sensors
- Design interface circuitry to receiver front end or transmitter circuitry when required
- Have a strong background in electromagneticHave strong modeling/simulation skills and a good understanding of radio propagation models (i.e. Longley-Rice)
- Have strong communications skills and experience interfacing with other engineers, management and the end customers.
- Define and interpret customer requirements in order to come up with an antenna solution to meet the customer's needs.
- Recognize when requirements cannot be met and be able to effectively communicate why they cannot be met to the appropriate parties.
- Act as the primary interface with the customer regarding test and verification activities antenna products.
- Work with multiple teams to develop stress, functional, acceptance, and ad-hoc tests based on the requirements and operational scenarios
- BS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (with an emphasis in electromagnetics) and 14 years of electronics engineering design experience OR MS Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (with an emphasis in electromagnetics) and 12 years of electronics engineering design experience OR Ph.D. Degree in Electrical Engineering or Physics (with an emphasis in electromagnetics) and 10 years of electronics engineering design experience
- US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Top Secret security clearance
- 10 years of recent antenna design experience
- Experience with industry standard design tools similar to Ansoft HFSS, CST Microwave Studio, FEKO, ADS or othe
- Have produced related publications, patents, and/or invention disclosures, and/or vulnerability disclosures
- PhD with an emphasis in electromagnetics
- Expert with simulation tools such as ADS and HFSS
- Active Top Secret security clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top