Sr.Principal Structures Design Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division has an opening for a Sr. Principal Structures Design Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position is located in Redondo Beach, CA.
In this role you will:
- Support upcoming Space programs and will participate in the resolution of complex mechanical design problems for space based platforms and missions involving composite and metallic structures.
- Perform and lead mechanical design of structures and deployables.
- Perform requirements definition, conceptual design, preliminary / layout, and detail design, drawing release, design review presentations, and support to fabrication.
- Lead a multi-discipline work package including interfacing with customer, technical support, and directing and mentoring junior engineers.
- Work closely with stress, manufacturing, materials and processes and test to develop design requirements, define structural load paths, develop CAD models and prepare engineering drawings to fabricate flight and structural test articles.
- Provide leadership and oversight of Suppliers to verify/validate mechanical design requirements and ensure qualification/certification deliverables are provided and meet requirements.
Back to top