Sr./Principal Electrical Engineer: Spacecraft Harnessing
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today!
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Job SummaryThe Electrical Engineering Group within NGTSS division, responsible for the development of Spacecraft Harnessing, is seeking an experienced Harness Engineer to perform detailed Spacecraft Harness Design, including flight part selection, electrical schematic capture, and working with CAD personnel for Harness Assembly and modeling development.
In this role you will:
This position can be filled at the Principal or Sr. Principal Level
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field (ideally Electrical Engineer) and 5 years of experience or a Masters degree and 3 years of experience
- Bachelors degree in a STEM field (ideally Electrical Engineer) and 9 years of experience; or a Masters degree and 7 years of experience; or a PhD and 4 yrs of experience
- Experience designing/routing harness cables using Creo Schematic and Creo Parametric
- Active Top Secret/SCI clearance
- Experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of total harness spacecraft design
- Experience in the design and documentation of cable harnesses
- Familiar with Harness Related Mil Specs and NASA specs
- Experience in developing and maintaining requirements and technical documentation
- Able to prioritize, execute and delegate tasks in a high-pressure, dynamic environment
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation communication skills
Back to top