Sr. Systems Integration Engineer
Will report to the Plant & Manufacturing Manager and is responsible for designing and leading integration activities required to integrate major satellite sub-assemblies. Will track both internal production progress and customer production progress to ensure integration related resources, timelines and requirements are aligned. They will work closely with design engineering, the program office, customer representatives, engineer liaison and production to ensure integration activities meet program office objectives and customer requirements.
- Review and interpret customer specifications and requirements.
- Generate integration and test concepts, plans and associated documentation.
- Communicate integration and test plans to customer representatives, the program office and design teams to ensure all requirements are met and stakeholders are aligned.
- Work with production and test managers to generate integration team staffing plans and schedules.
- Lead integration activities on site at customer production facilities.
- Communicate plans to technicians and work with systems engineers, mechanical vehicle engineers and production and test managers to coordinate activities and resolve problems.
- Work with tooling designers, Astro engineering and customer engineers to generate tooling drawings.
- Work with the materials group and suppliers to procure and fabricate integration tooling
- Support activities required to track earned value and provide information to cost account manager, program office, schedule team and finance as required to meet program financial objectives.
- Attend design reviews and IPT meetings. Lead integration planning meetings. Document minutes/actions and communicate accordingly.
- Communicate design for manufacturability improvements to engineering. Initiate and track Engineering Change Orders.
- Work with IPT team and quality to identify and implement corrective action plans.
- Contribute to proposal activities and cost estimations necessary for program budgeting.
- Work with Manufacturing Engineers to incorporate integration plans into manufacturing order instructions and related process documents.
- General training materials and lead training classes required to prepare technicians for integration activities.
Basic Qualifications: Requires a bachelor's degree in an engineering field and at least 10 years of experience as a systems engineer, integration engineer or related field. Must be familiar with standard manufacturing concepts, best practices, and procedures preferably within the aerospace industry
Preferred Qualifications: Satellite manufacturing experience preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top