Sr. Systems Engineer
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry-leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people and protect the world. And that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Systems Engineer for the Combat Training Center-Instrumentation System (CTC-IS) program to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals, immediately. This position will be dedicated solely to this program with a home base in Orlando, FL but with heavy travel to the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) in Ft. Polk, LA.
The Candidate must be able to demonstrate strong and sustainable leadership in order to fulfill the critical objectives of the CTC-IS program, to include designing, developing, and fielding an advanced range communications system (RCS) for Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC), at Ft. Polk, Louisiana.
The JRTC provides a near-real combat learning experience in a controlled training environment that approaches the reality of the complex and challenging contemporary operating environment. The CTC-IS project will incrementally replace and upgrade existing subsystems including the Range Data Measurement Subsystem (RDMS), Range Management Control System (RMCS), Combat Trainer Communications Subsystem – Data (CTCS-D), access node subsystem, and Live Fire Communications System – Target (LFCS-T).
The Senior Systems Engineer will work closely with the program's Program Director, Chief Engineer, engineering staff, and testing staff on all aspects of the program.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Has significant day-to-day interaction with the customer to clarify requirements and set expectations
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- 14 Years experience with Bachelors in Science; 12 Years with Masters; 9 Years with PhD.
- Experience developing and executing Systems Engineering Plans
- Experience with DOORS or other automated requirements tracking tools
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Must be able to obtain a Secret Clearance
Candidates with these desired skills will be given preferential consideration:
- Experience managing on an Army program.
- Experience with DoD programs.
- Experience in cellular communications, Land Mobile Radio, and/or signal processing.
- Position prefers a candidate with a current Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top