Sr. Staff Systems Engineer
- Woodland Hills, CA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Positioning Navigation and Timing (PNT) team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Staff Systems Engineer based out of Woodland Hills, CA.
What You'll get to Do:
• Conceptual development for Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT) systems and architecture.
• Design and implementation of tracking / filtering algorithms.
• Specification and oversight of hardware / firmware / software implementations.
• System Test and Verification.
• Design and oversight of prototype demonstrations.
• Presentation to internal and external groups.
• Support proposal activities.
• Technical leadership of multi-discipline teams.
• B.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 14 years of relevant experience; M.S. in Engineering, Computer Science, Aerospace Engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated track record of innovation and accomplishment in Positioning, Navigation, and Timing (PNT).
• Demonstrated experience in GNSS receiver design and implementation.
• Knowledge of principles of navigation, including inertial navigation, aided navigation, and Kalman filtering.
• US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain a DoD security clearance.
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written to effectively interact with high level Customers, along with
demonstrated experience in preparing concept papers, briefings, trade studies, proposals, and similar documents.
• Experience in leadership skills to plan, estimate, organize, integrate and lead systems engineering activities across
multiple engineering disciplines, along with the ability to effectively motivate people to work as an integrated team across
locations, companies and cultures.
• Experience with employment of CONOPS for the development of system architectures and requirements that are optimized to meet the customer's operational needs at lowest cost.
• Experience with related timekeeping systems (e.g. oscillators, atomic frequency standards, frequency metrology) or RF systems (e.g. comms, electronic warfare).
• Experience working Government-funded R&D programs.
• Proficiency with C/C++, MATLAB/Simulink, VHDL.
• Security clearance with current background investigation.
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
• Health Plan
• Savings Plan
• Paid Time Off
• Additional benefits
o Education Assistance
o Training and Development
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top