Sr. Staff Space Mission Operations Development Engineer 5 - (Lunar Missions)
- Dulles, VA
Since the dawn of the space age, Northrop Grumman has put innovative products and ideas into orbit, on the Moon, and beyond - from systems engineering, spacecraft manufacturing, precision sensors, space instrument design, ground stations development, and revolutionary launch vehicles. Help shape the future of Space exploration as an integral part of the Lunar Missions at Northrop Grumman. Join an organization working to put the first woman and the next man on the moon in 2024 and develop the next steps toward human space missions to Mars through our human habitat in cislunar space. At Northrop Grumman, we are launching careers into orbit.
The Northrop Grumman Space Systems Operations Development group is responsible for ensuring that all operations procedures, technical documentation and flight operations personnel are ready to support on-orbit spacecraft operations. The team supports human spaceflight customers for vehicles in LEO to Cis-Lunar Space.
The successful candidate:
• Works with a Mission Operations Lead to develop, review, and validate mission operations procedures, scripts, and telemetry pages in support of commercial and civil programs.
• Works with a Mission Operations Lead to develop and review mission operations. documentation to be used internally as well as delivered to the customer.
• Works with a Mission Operations Lead to develop and review training material to be both used internally as well as delivered to the customer.
• May witness or support spacecraft testing in the factory.
• Coordinates with systems and subsystems engineers to obtain technical inputs for operations documentation & procedures.
• Supports simulations, rehearsals, and other development and test activities.
• Supports 7x24 flight operations during Launch & Early Orbit, spacecraft commissioning, and long-term operations (depending on the mission requirements).
Back to top