Sr. Software Config Analyst 4
Northrop Grumman Technology Services sector is seeking a Sr. Software Configuration Analyst 4 to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals in defining the future. This position will be located in Lanham, Maryland.
Where Technology and Teamwork come together, the qualified applicant will become part of Northrop Grumman's Technical Support for the Enterprise Systems Testing Project.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Individual will implement and conduct software configuration management (CM) and version control of multiple programs in IBM mainframe, MS Windows, and UNIX client/server environments.
- Programs support the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) tax administration pipeline.
- Individual will use ENDEVOR, Clearcase, UCM, IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), and established IRS-approved procedures and practices to process and stage transmittals of the changed source code for Testing and Production.
- Individual will also be responsible for working with the Application developers to troubleshoot and resolve configuration management issues in a timely manner.
- Provide Documentation support (e.g. CM artifacts, SOP, deliverables to our customer, etc.), and 508 User Support
- Provide process improvement activities like ITIL certification, DevOps, and automate repetitive tasks
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
- BA/BS degree with 9 years of related experience OR Masters degree and 7 years related experience OR High School diploma and 13 years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- 5 years of progressive IT experience, with a focus on software configuration management using IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational ClearCase, UCM, and/or ENDEVOR.
- Understanding of software configuration management & Release management concepts, industry practices and standards is a must.
- 5 years of experience in using UNIX & Perl scripting and UNIX scripting knowledge
- 2 Years of experience in Technical Writing or providing Documentation and 508 User Support
- Before beginning work, candidate must obtain interim staff-like access based upon an IRS "Moderate Risk Background Investigation". US Citizenship or 3 years U.S. Lawful Permanent Resident status required
- 2 years of IBM Rational Team Concert (RTC) experience
- 5 years of Clearcase and UCM experience, and/or ENDEVOR
- 6 years of experience working in an UNIX IBM and/or 2 years of experience in mainframe environment
- 2 years of Documentation and 508 User Support
- 2 years of ITIL experience and familiarity with DevOps and/or Agile principles
- Knowledge of current IRS tax administration software applications.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top