Sr. Radiation Effect Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
TheRadiation Effects Engineer/Analyst 4 will perform radiation effects analysis, shielding analysis, survivability analysis, radiation analysis reporting, and simulation of electronic components relative to space radiation effects.
A Level 4 Engineer is expected to be a self-starter, receptive to mentorship and have excellent communication and time management skills.
Broad knowledge in a number of the following responsibilities, or expertise in one is HIGHLY desired:
- Prepare radiation analysis for satellite payload systems
- Prepare test plans and test reports for radiation testing of electronic components (e.g. total dose, prompt dose and single event upset)
- Prepare survivability analysis for space environments such as Micrometeoroids, Atomic Oxygen, and Single Event Effects
- Prepare Statement of Works for radiation test labs defining requirements for radiation testing of electronic components
- Prepare plans and procedures for box level Flash X-Ray testing
- Perform radiation predictions using NOVICE, Testable Hardware Tool Kit (THTK), SPENVIS, CRÈME96 and other radiation analysis tools
- Assess radiation effects on material degradation
- Interface with multiple disciplines such as program management, electrical, mechanical, system engineering, procurement, subcontractors, manufacturing and test.
- Present radiation requirements and compliance at PDRs, CDRs and other program reviews as required.
- Nuclear hardening and SGEMP design and analysis
- Electron/proton/x - ray transport
- Single event effects, upset, and transients (desirable)
- Design review presentation experience
- Bachelor's of Science Degree OR higher in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related technical discipline
- 9 years experience with a BS Degree, or 7 years experience with a Master's, or 4 years experience with a PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics, or closely related technical discipline
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD clearance
- MCNP experience highly preferred
- SGEMP experience highly preferred
- PhD is preferred. Experience with the following radiation tools: DEEP, NOVICE, AE9AP9, CremeMC, Testable Hardware Toolkit, etc. is highly preferred
- Experience with other space environment prediction tools for micrometeoroids, orbital debris, and atomic oxygen is desired
- Strong written and verbal communication skills of the English language is desired
- Knowledge of the physics associated with radiation effects in semiconductor devices is a plus
- Active SCI is preferred
Back to top