Sr. Program Communications Professional
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems sector is seeking a Sr. Program Communications Professional to join our team of qualified, highly engaged and enthusiastic communications professionals focused on the promotion and publicity of people, products and processes. Qualified candidates must be prepared to thrive in a highly active environment that demands innovative thinking and use of tools to effectively communicate to employees, customers, the public, industry, stakeholders and others.
This position will be located in Palmdale, CA and reporting into the Director of Communications.
This position will work with leadership for three major aircraft programs in the development of integrated strategic communications plans to promote and educate internal and external stakeholders on system capability. Overall requirements include a proven track record in internal and external communications, strategy development and execution, ability to shape and influence activities in alignment with program, customer and Sector objectives. The candidate must have excellent research, writing and verbal skills that demonstrate an ability to comprehend and explain complex programs and initiatives.
Specific responsibilities include being a strategic communications partner for Military Aircrafts Systems, development of communications plans; coordination with senior executives, engineers, managers and customers, local and civic leaders, and others; development and execution of announcements, articles; creation of content for scripts, website, print and multi-media collateral as needed; relationship development skills for internal and external activities; development of other materials including white papers, press releases, videos; clearance of materials for public release; and support, planning and execution of employee and external events.
- Bachelor's degree
- Related work experience in journalism, marketing, business, communications, public relations/public affairs, defense, government
- Minimum of 10 years of experience with a Bachelor's degree or 8 years of experience with a Master's degree
- U.S. citizenship
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
- Travel required up to 25%
- Experience working in a large, matrixed and/or geographically dispersed organization
- Experience working for or with military, defense and/or aerospace-oriented professionals
- Demonstrated writing experience
- Inquisitive, disciplined, intelligent, confident and flexible
- Professional acumen to develop relationships with various types and levels of professionals
- A can-do attitude
- Proven experience working in a dynamic environment
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
Jacqueline operates on power electronics for Northrop Grumman’s space application projects. She meets with engineering groups, chats with customers, and works on circuit analysis.
Back to top