Sr. Prncpl Systems Engineer
- Brigham City, UT
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is currently looking for a Systems Engineer to work in our Promontory, UT location.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Systems Engineer is responsible for development of requirements, verification planning and change integration for our major systems. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for developing new systems and system upgrades by managing requirements and integrated changes in a disciplined, broad reaching process, to ensure our propulsion systems perform to specification and satisfy every customer need. Within Propulsion Systems, systems engineering provides a gateway to many other opportunities with in propulsion systems and could include project engineering, design engineering and also senior systems engineering.
- Analyze the needs of the system and translate into verifiable performance and design requirements
- Evaluate all customer requirements and flow down in specifications and determine implementation approach
- Determine verification methodology and approach for each requirement
- Use a requirements management database to document requirements applicable to the system
- Evaluate results of verification processes and validate results against system requirements
- Integrate customer directed changes into the system and facilitate implementation of changes within a change management system
- Coordinate and communicate with all stakeholders, including customers, all things related to requirements, implementation of requirements and verification, and resolution of problems and issues
Skills & Qualifications:
A candidate qualified for this position should have the following demonstrated skills and experience:
- Understanding of requirements and basic principles of verification approach
- Ability and skills to work multidisciplined engineering problems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
A qualified candidate for this position should have some experience relevant to this position, including:
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Systems Engineering or in Integration Design or a related field in propulsion, preferably in a government contractor environment
- Demonstrated experience in many aspects of aerospace design development processes including design, analysis, testing and integration
- Assembling plans and detailed schedules to accomplish an engineering effort
- Product testing or validation testing, preferably system level tests demonstrating interaction between subsystems or major elements
- Participation in developing formal interfaces between parts of a system
- Familiarity of requirement sets and system architectural approach necessary for spaceflight systems (ordnance, high reliability electronics, thrust vector control, flight safety systems)
- A graduate certificate in Systems Engineering is highly preferred
- Exposure and familiarity to a requirements management database tool or other systems engineering tool is required
- BS degree in Mechanical, Aerospace, Physics or Engineering Management is required & 9 years of experience or 7 years with a MS
- Consideration will be given to candidates with a BS or MS degree in other engineering disciplines with strong relevant experience
- Position can be filled at a higher level, 20 years with a BS or 14 years with MS
Back to top