Sr Prncpl Suply Chn Plng Spec
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Defines and develops material strategy. Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products. Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management. Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand requirements. Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material Requirements Planning (MRP) tools. Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements. Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements. Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments. Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs. Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/releases requisitions. Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical path procurements.
Responsibilities & Technical Skills:
- Proficiency with automated computer planning ERP, MPS & MRP scheduling systems (i.e. ERP Systems, Deltek Costpoint) with an emphasis on MRP & ROP planning is required.
- Manage and control MRP & ROP planning parameters for inventory replenishment.
- Proactively interface with all personnel that require new material introduction with Program Management, Engineering, Configuration Management, Master Scheduling, Technical Facility Officers, and Procurement on a regular basis.
- Perform analysis of usage trends, Quality Control, Cost Accounting, Purchasing and Vendor lead times. Review inventories for obsolescence and re-purpose opportunities. Assist in recommending to management the optimized inventory levels to achieve the desired service levels while balancing working capital objectives.
- Experience the Microsoft Office application platform including Excel (knowledge of pivot tables and writing macros), Word, and Power Point required.
- Must have technical skills such as production scheduling, experience with MPS/MRP/ROP systems, and capacity planning such as level loading, Kanban systems and Lean Manufacturing principals, etc.
- Experience tracking, reporting, and presenting financial spend data.
- APICS, Six Sigma Training, and knowledge of lean manufacturing techniques are preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritize and make rapid effective decisions.
- Generally requires a Bachelor's degree with10 years of related experience or 13 years related experience. Preference for degree in Supply Chain, Business Management, Logistics, Industrial Engineering or related disciplines or relevant experience.
Back to top