Sr Prncpl Suply Chn Plng Spec
- St. Augustine, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy,
and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives
on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist (Level 4) to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position will be located in Saint Augustine, Florida.
This position's responsibilities are (but not limited to):
- Defines and develops material strategy
- Responsible for the assessment of supply resources; aggregates and prioritizes demand requirements; plans inventory, distribution requirements, production, material and rough-cut capacity for all products
- Participates in make/buy process, long-term capacity and resource planning; product phase-in/phase-out, manufacturing ramp-up, end-of-life management and product-line management. Analyzes and aggregates supply / demand
- Analyzes purchase material supply/demand position using Material
Requirements Planning (MRP) tools
- Plans inventory levels based on dependent and independent Bill-of-Materials (BOM) requirements
- Assesses rough-cut capacity for current and short-term manufacturing requirements
- Creates/reduces supply requirements based on inventory adjustments. Participates in long-term capacity and resource planning to ensure proper scheduling of new product line phase-ins as well as existing product line phase-outs
- Interfaces with Source process area regarding inventory levels, working capital and other areas as needed. Creates/ releases requisitions. Receives/reviews requirements for non-standard parts. Analyzes lead times and identifies critical
Bachelor's degree with 10 years or a Master's degree with 8 Years experience in Supply Chain management. A High School Diploma/equivalent and a combination of 20 years' additional education and/or Supply Chain management
experience may be accepted lieu of a Bachelor's degree.
3 years experience with SAP and/or other MRP systems associated with purchasing, scheduling, parts management, shop floor control and MBOM structures
5 year experience with MS Office (specifically MS Excel, Outlook and Access)
Ability to provide Oral and written communications capable of communicating a wide variety of information to peers and senior management
Ability to Obtain/Maintain a DoD Secret Clearance as required for the business.
- Bachelor's degree
- SAP Level 1 Certification
- Experience working in a manufacturing/production environment
- Experience executing daily SOW associated with Supply Chain Management
- Experience with MES knowledge and/or GSC process knowledge/experience associated with an aircraft product line
- Ability to pull and comprehend mass data and provide requested information in a comprehensive way to present to management.
- Previous Experience supporting team based process improvements
- Current and active DoD Secret Clearance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top