Sr Prncpl Supl Chn Subctr Spec
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems' Global Supply Chain (GSC) is strategically partnered to drive the best decisions possible and plays a key role in our program's success and bottom line. We take responsibility for the quality we put forth, deliver customer satisfaction, demonstrate leadership, and we act with integrity in all we do, valuing our people, and regarding our suppliers as essential team members. If you are highly motivated and have a passion in supporting innovative systems, products, and heights, and join our Northrop Grummsolutions to ultimately keep our world safe, look no further. What we do leaves lasting impacts, while challenging, it is extremely rewarding. Rise to the challenge, find your voice, launch your career to new an Mission Systems' GSC team supporting advanced technologies within the Airborne Surveillance organization. Together, We Rise.
The individual will be responsible for executing compliant major procurement activities and providing leadership, mentoring & coaching junior Subcontracts Administrators, and work independently, manage workload assignments to ensure requirements are appropriately prioritized, provide proposal/ contractual support and procurement documentation, and executed to meet the needs of the programs. Specific responsibilities include interfacing and corresponding with suppliers, develop sourcing selection/evaluation strategies/partnerships, long range procurement agreements; supplier identification; coordinate export control/security requirements; prepare/issue RFPs with appropriate customer flow downs and terms & conditions; conducts bidders' conferences; proposal evaluation; conduct negotiations to meet contract/program targets/schedule, terms & conditions/payment terms for materials & services; administering resultant compliant subcontracts; ensure compliance with all public law requirements, FAR/DFARS regulations, as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations; validate pricing; and maintain proper PO files with correct documentation. Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers. Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed. Leadership and management of subcontract modifications, which includes coordination of required additions, deletions, or other modifications or formal contractual correspondence/documented communication to subcontractors, arranging and participating in supplier meetings and controlling and reporting supplier progress and lead continuous improvement initiatives such as Lean Six Sigma, identification of opportunities for enhanced efficiencies, manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations, and to support compliance strategies and initiatives.
Roles and responsibilities of the Subcontract Administrator will include:
• Lead the evaluation of customer RFP's and ability to collaborate with the program team to develop subcontract RFP's that include Statements of Work, Technical/Quality Specifications, Deliverable Requirements List and Schedules, Performance Assessment Requirements, Terms and Conditions, Proposal Preparation and Pricing Requirements/Templates, Compliance Matrices and supplier profiles.
• Lead, guide, mentor, train, and coach junior Subcontracts Administrators.
• Preparation of Non-Disclosure Agreements, Teaming Agreements, and Memorandums of Agreement, Pricing Agreements, preparation and management of internal Step reviews of new opportunities and formal customer proposal preparation.
• Ability to analyze and evaluate subcontractor proposals, negotiate deviations from work statements, schedule, and/or terms and conditions, while working closely with the Program Management team.
• Provides subcontractor pricing, deviations from scope and/or terms and conditions, comprehensive cost analysis and justifications, and technical data assertions to the Contracts group during the proposal preparation phase.
• Successful candidate will select or recommend subcontractors, write formal/compliant major subcontract awards, processes internal justifications, and document files in preparation for internal and external audits.
• Ability to administer resulting subcontracts, ensuring that all requirements are performed in accordance with the scope of work and delivery schedules.
Bachelors with 10+ years of US government procurement, contracts and or business management or 8+ Years with Masters in US Government procurement, contracts, subcontracts and/or business management.
Must possess strong communication and writing skills.
Must be US citizen and be eligible to obtain a secret clearance.
Must possess strong leadership and mentoring capabilities of junior SCAs in addition to strong presentation skills directed to all levels of internal/external management.
Masters degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Finance, or Industrial Engineering. The successful candidate will have experience working competitive procurements with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable, possess knowledge relating to special payment provisions (progress or performance based payments).
Must have experience working with multiple contracting formats, including Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursable, possess t provisions (progress or performance based payments).
Must understand the entire procurement process including competitive procurements (from supplier selection, proposal process, pricing instructions, evaluation criteria, terms and conditions, establishing teaming / overriding / pricing agreements, determine the adequacy of subcontractor proposals received, negotiation of the best business deal of major subcontracts including terms and conditions, understand program/company risk factors, prepare a compliant procurement packages, thru management of large industry suppliers).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top