Sr Prncpl Pilot Unmnd Arl Veh
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Pilots unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) during developmental test and operational flights. Remotely pilots vehicle to determine compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers. Defines, plans, organizes and executes complex flight programs and flight test events. Conducts briefings and debriefings, and coordinates with maintenance personnel to analyze and correct vehicle discrepancies. May conduct demonstration flights with customers, government officials or other personnel to exhibit vehicle performance, flying qualities and system capabilities. Typically FAA rated.
Careers Site: NGFeaturedJobs
Minimum Education / Experience
- 9 Years with Bachelors in Science; 7 Years with Masters; 4 Years with PhD.
- Must have a FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with Instrument Rating and a minimum of 500 flight hours as pilot-in-command of a manned aircraft (fixed or rotary). Previous experience as a military Aircraft Commander with at least 500hrs and eligible for a commercial pilot certificate will be acceptable as commercial certificate for hiring purposes.
- Current Class II or higher FAA medical certificate.
- Must have an active DOD secret clearance.
- Eligibility for a Top Secret Clearance Required.
- P-3, P-8 or previous experience with ISR platform. Qualified Global Hawk or UAS Pilot. Test Pilot School Graduate.
- Previous experience as mission planer highly desired.
- Previous experience as flight safety officer or mishap investigator desired
- Experience with JMPS, AFMS desired
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top