Sr Prncpl Intl Trd Cmplnc Anls
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
NGIS is currently seeking an experienced Senior Principal International Trade Compliance Analyst to provide leadership in the field of export and import compliance to the Flight Systems Group within NGIS. Location of employment is Clearfield, Utah.
Role Description and Responsibilities:
The role of the International Trade Compliance Analyst is to advise and support the Flight Systems Group's trade compliance function supporting operations regarding U.S. Government export and import regulations. The candidate selected for this key role will report directly to the Sr. Manager of International Trade Compliance (ITC) for Flight Systems Group (FSG). This Import/Export Analyst position is considered an experienced position and the following list of responsibilities are conducted under the direct oversite and guidance of the Sr. manager of ITC for FSG.
- Under the direction of the Sr. Manager of International Trade Compliance, helps provide guidance on U.S. Government export and importregulations including theInternational Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export AdministrationAct (EAA), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Bureau of Alcohol,Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (BATFE)
- Under the guidance of the Sr. Manager of International Trade Compliance, supports FlightSystems Group divisions with general export/import control services.
- Assists in integrating licensingstrategies to obtain necessary export and import authorizations to support full compliance with all regulatory agencies
- Develops export and import authorization requests required by the Group and processes all export authorization requests in a timely manner
- Provides key information to the Flight Systems Group Empowered Official to support U.S. Government interface.
- Provides input in developing export and import internal control plans and helps conduct proviso reviews
- Monitors and assists in the export/import needs of specific FlightSystems Group programs
- Assists in internal audits and assessments of the Flight Systems Group's international tradecompliance program as needed.
- Participates in presenting functional, and program specific trade compliance training
- Assists in the collection of information related to investigations of suspected export/import complianceviolations and prepares and/or reviews documentation. Also assists in the implementation of potential correctiveactions to identified weaknesses.
- Makes presentations in meetings and responds to questions from program management and employees related toexport/import compliance
- Helps provide interface with all functional departments that play a role in international trade. (Supply chain, business development, shipping and receiving, etc.)
- Knowledge in classification of all imported and exported articles under the Harmonized Tariff Schedule ( HTS) or Schedule B, and assist in the submission of ruling requests when necessary
- Gives input to traffic and logistics personnel in preparing and processing import and export documentation for international shipment transactions utilizing OCR EASE application and the U.S. Customs and Border Protection ACE system
- Coordinate with freight forwarders, customs brokers, carriers, and foreign customers to ensure compliance with procedures, regulations, and timely execution of import and export shipments. Provide entry and exit instructions to customs brokers, freight forwarders, and carriers for customs clearance formalities.
- Maintain files and records and develop reports/metrics as required by company procedures and government regulations. Ensure accuracy of data, conduct reviews and audits of import/export records
Experience Requirements :
- A minimum of 9 years of related work experience in export/import licensing and/or compliance
- A basic knowledge of ITAR, EARand other US Government Regulations required
- Understanding of Schedule B / HTS and ECCNs
- Exposure to the ACE database
- Familiarity with shipping/supply chain inner workings and documentation; including exports and imports
Experience Preferred :
- Aerospace or Defense industry experience
- Proficient in the use of the OCR EASE Software
- Security Clearance or ability to obtain one
- IIEI CUSECO or CIP certification.
- Prefer candidate be proficient in both Import/ Export compliance and logistics processes
- Familiar with EEI submissions in ACE and ability to navigate within ACE to correct or modify EEI records and prepare import/export reports
Skills and Qualifications :
- Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including giving group presentations and training.
- Strong ability to support teams
- Possess skills necessary to buildteamwork
- Maintain excellent working relationships with both internal andexternal customers
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with ability to pay attention to detail, prioritize and make both independent and coordinated decisions.
- Bachelor's degree in related field, or a combination of education and equivalent experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top