Sr Prncpl Computer Sys Architect
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Innovation Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Northrop Grumman is seeking a Senior Principal Systems Architect to join our Enterprise Services' Information Technology Solutions team in Minnetonka, MN. ( Additional NGIS/NGC locations may be considered).
Role description & Responsibilities:
The senior principal systems architect will be responsible for the creation, maintenance and management of application and integrated system architectures for the Innovations Systems sector. The position supports a range of business improvement activities particularly those involved in the design, development and maintenance of systems to solve business complex problems. The senior principal systems architect will provide expertise in the assessment and development of application and integrated system solutions to support business objectives, and they will often be a primary interface with internal business stakeholders. The senior principal systems architect will ensure business, application, data and technology perspectives align with technology and governance strategies, policies and standards.
- Develop, manage and maintain application and integrated system architecture models using a standard tool set based on established architectural guidelines and methodologies.
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of application and integrated system architectures.
- Conduct and actively participate in project meetings with other information technology solutions personnel, business partners and suppliers.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to understand project objectives and constraints, and conducts architecture reviews to ensure conformance with established standards.
- Recommend the most suitable application and integrated system architecture based on service level requirements, business objectives, regulatory requirements and architecture standards.
- Support the development of detailed architecture blueprints and migration plans to support system implementation.
- Identify implementation and operational risks, and recommends risk management options.
- Advise and recommend enterprise architecture strategies, processes and methodologies.
- Participates in working groups for the development and maintenance of the enterprise architecture.
- Establishes and updates architecture standards and processes in collaboration with information technology solutions stakeholders from across the organization.
Skills & Knowledge Qualifications:
- Demonstrated ability to takeinitiative and achieve results.
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional virtual teams.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, andwritten communication skills.
- Very strong working knowledge of application and application integration technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of relational and graph databases technologies.
- Strong working knowledge of architectural modeling languages (UML, ArchiMate).
- Strong working knowledge of enterprise architecture frameworks (TOGAF certification preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to effectively acquire and apply new hands-on technical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to manage department-level applications and databases.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in developing and managing application and integrated system architectures.
- Bachelor's degree in information systems or equivalent in education and workexperience.
- Candidates must be a US Citizenand have the ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top