Sr. Prinicpal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist
- Redondo Beach, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history, and we are Defining Possible.
Northrop Grumman Strategic Space Systems Division (NGSSSD) is seeking a Senior Principal Supply Chain Procurement Specialist for a position located in Redondo Beach, California.
In this role, the successful candidate will be part of an organization focused on planning, acquiring and managing test equipment inventory as well as parts and materials for NGSSSD engineering development and test activities. More specifically, the candidate will lead the group in sourcing and procuring general purpose test equipment including goods and services of a commodity nature from many suppliers. This position coordinates with internal customers by using various analysis techniques, forecasting, scheduling, etc. to determine the correct balance of lease, rental and acquisition of products to acquire in working with external suppliers and vendors to maintain cost and operational efficiency to manage and ensure delivery and project schedules objectives are maintained. The role is focused on process discipline, compliance to Northrop Grumman Command Media and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS). Process improvements as well as delivering superior customer service to support our customer base is an ongoing focus.
Responsibilities will include managing workflow for the acquisition team ensuring workload leveling across all team members, assigning incoming equipment repairs based on workload and knowledge/specialty, review/approve high priced repair and parts cost based on multiple factors, reviewing equipment utilization to assist in Rent/Lease/Buy decision to optimize inventory usage, identifying equipment and coordinating sale/consignment/scrap/keep decisions and assessing priority requests to meet customer demands and program schedules, among other tasks that ensure customer support while meeting financial goals. Strong leadership qualities, as well as strong verbal and written communication skills are essential to be successful in this role.
Essential Functions :
- Optimize general purpose test equipment inventory by analyzing and recommending most cost effective options
- Maintain relationships with Suppliers Original Equipment Manufacturers and Vendors for acquisition, repair and periodic calibration of equipment
- Validate and approve rent / lease / buy / repair recommendations to optimize financial mix of total inventory
- Manage and ensure compliance with Financial Accounting Standards Board (FASB) 13 Operating Lease rates
- Manage performance of purchase orders, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations
- Analyze inventory for existing rental/lease contracts/rates to recommend termination or extension as based on business requirements
- Research sources for hard to find and non-standard test equipment to facilitate customer and program requirements
- Identify sale prices and execute the sale of under-utilized equipment based on Market Rate data/demand
- Review, reconcile and approve supplier payments
- Support and maintain monthly metrics, participate in teams such as Community of Practice, Process Working Groups, Financial Reviews and Inventory team meetings
- Partner with Global Supply Chain, Property Management and Metrology labs to ensure compliance as well as create and maintain effective relationships
- Obtain and manage yearly Lease Property Tax invoices, ensuring they have been reconciled with EAM records
- Provide leadership with a list of suggested Capital equipment purchases as future needs are forecast
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution
- 10 years of procurement or financial planning experience OR 8 years of procurement or financial planning experience with a Masters Degree
- Experience with SAP, iBuy or other procurement-focused relational database systems
- Experience in procurement of commercially available hardware and equipment
- Experience leading a group of 5 or more employees
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
- Masters' Degree in Business Administration, Finance or related field
- Proficient knowledge of Northrop Grumman Corporation's Test Equipment Asset Management Metrology System (TEAMMS)
- Experience modeling financial strategies to analyze total cost of ownership for rent/lease/buy
- LEAN or Process Improvement certification
- Experience in Supplier Management
- Extensive Knowledge of MS Office applications( Microsoft, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with General Purpose Test Equipment
- Proficient knowledge of SAP, IBUY, XiBuy Reconciliation
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top