Sr. Principal Windows Systems Administrator
- Linthicum Heights, MD
Support our entire enterprise and build the networks, staff the teams, and develop the processes that will keep us defining what's possible. We have opportunities across our enterprise with 90,000 team members throughout the world. The only limit to your growth is your ambition and drive. We want to empower you to bring your best, with resources, support, and talented team members that will launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Enterprise Services is seeking a well-qualified Windows Administrator to join its dynamic team of technical professionals in the Linthicum, MD area. Roles and responsibilities will include:
• Perform as Windows Systems Administrator on large classified government contracts.
• Communicate effectively at all levels of the organization, with internal and external customers, in written and oral formats.
• Maintain smooth operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network, software, and system engineers, PC desktop technicians, project managers, end users, and customer and IT management.
• Support multiple networks; ensure necessary administration tasks are completed; direct others as necessary.
• Analyze internal and external customer requirements and determine equipment and software requirements for solutions to problems by means of automated systems.
• Recommend and implement system enhancements that will improve the performance and reliability of the system including installing, upgrading/patching, monitoring, problem resolution, and configuration management.
• Provide backup and recovery services; manage file systems and disk space; manage virus protection on a routine basis.
• Create and maintain user and computer accounts and modify file permissions and security access lists.
• Test new releases of products to ensure compatibility and minimize user impact.
• Develop and document technical processes and procedures as needed.
• Make recommendations to purchase hardware, software, system components.
• Interact, meet, discuss, and troubleshoot issues with vendors; evaluate vendor products, services, and suggestions.
• Adhere to strict Information Systems security guidelines in all cases.
• Maintain security audit and logging information on all classified networked and standalone computers as directed by the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM).
• Prepare security documentation for Cyber Security team.
• Report project status as required for all recurring and non-recurring efforts.
• Work under minimal direction and independently determine and develop approach to solutions.
• Associate's degree and 11 years of experience, or Bachelor's degree and 9 years of experience, or Master's degree and 7 years of experience; 13 years of experience may be considered in lieu of a completed Bachelor's degree.
• U.S. citizenship.
• Currently active DoD Secret clearance adjudicated within the last 5 years.
• Must have the ability to obtain and maintain, access to program as a condition of continued employment
• Experience operating under and managing systems within NISPOM Chapter 8, DCID 6/3-ICD 503, RMF, STIG, JAFAN, or JSIG information system environments.
• Experience installing, configuring, and maintaining computer hardware in a networked environment.
• Advance knowledge of Windows Operating Systems support.
• Advance knowledge of Active Directory.
• Advance knowledge of Group Policy (GPO).
• Server application administrator experience supporting MS Exchange server, MS Skype for Business, MS SharePoint, SCCM (software deployment), WSUS.
• Advance PC hardware repair experience.
• Advance knowledge of virtualization technologies - VMWare.
• Ability to support tier 2 and 3 helpdesk tickets.
• Ability to lift equipment weighing up to 40 pounds.
• Ability to work after hours and weekends as needed.
• Travel may be required.
• Microsoft Certification for current versions.
• Windows domain architecture experience.
• Working knowledge of Cisco switches.
• Knowledge of Linux Operating System experience and/or certification for current versions.
• Knowledge of environmental monitoring tools (HBSS/Solar Winds/Splunk/Nessus).
• Experience with Certification & Accreditation process.
• Currently valid Security+ CE, CASP, CISSP or similar IAT III level certification.
• Currently active DoD Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top