Are you a resourceful digital communicator who combines strategic thinking with problem solving? Ready to use your project management skills to push through technical updates and upgrades while also leaning in on your creative talents and your eye for design? As Website Lead on the Corporate Brand team, all these qualities are necessary to lead digital communication, especially as it relates to our web properties.
The successful candidate combines project management experience together with the ability to implement web and brand content strategy across many different teams. In addition to overseeing our omni-channel presence and UX, this person identifies stakeholder requirements and relevant digital trends (especially web trends) and makes sure they come to fruition. While hard coding is not required, a technical mindset is needed for things like communicating requirements to agency partners, understanding overall UI, UX and design best practices, while also working with Google Analytics, GTM and metadata.
The Website Lead will own the challenge of oversight of the ecosystem, creating complex web pages, and also have the principles of design including graphic design skills, composition and have the foundation for copywriting for web.
- Member of website management team in collaboration with other internal teams.
- Identify, prioritize and manage web updates with external web vendor and subcontractors.
- Collaborate with agency partners on design guidelines, best practices and standards.
- Familiar with website taxonomy, complex systems, specialized applications, and niche details on the back end of the system.
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas when needed.
- Stay abreast of web trends and competitor landscape to identify opportunities for Northrop Grumman.
- Lead enterprise-wide Internet team meetings.
- Provide group and individual training on how to use web systems. Instructing best practices in design, UI and UX.
- Review content changes and new content across the site. Ensure brand tone, voice, and imagery are aligned.
- Main point person with 3rd party vendors and NGC subsidiaries who use NG branding. Provide updates and regular review of brand usage.
- Participate in regular content reviews with programs/stakeholders.
- Ensure website is in compliance regarding ADA, privacy and EEO compliance.
- Troubleshoot, constantly monitor.
- Manage downtime issues, enacting protocols.
- Share emergency posting duty 24/7.
- Available outside of standard business hours on occasion for significant upgrades or events.
- Manage URLs and site certificates, either individually or with partners.
Technical and Reporting
- Analyze user experience data and use to inform site improvements, content recommendations, and optimizations for current and future projects.
- Working with agency, manage Google Analytics 360, including developing meaningful dashboards and providing reports to internal customers.
- Support GTM implementation in partnership with agencies.
- Working knowledge of digital tools: WordPress, DeepCrawl, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, SimilarWeb or other SEO tool
- Oversee governance activities.
- Manage broken links and setting scheduled remediation.
- Ensure technical SEO and meta data are in use across media assets and page elements.
- Assist in implementing content strategy.
- SEO consultant and oversight.
- Develop web pages and maintain updates for corporate-owned content.
- Internal Creative Requests
- Back up support to brand team for developing visual assets and internal ad requests.
- Bachelors with 10 years’ experience (or 8 years with masters) in website development, digital communications and project management
- Demonstrated Proficiency in:
- WordPress experience
- Google Analytics
- Adobe Programs: Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects and InDesign and wire-framing tools
- Leadership experience in a matrixed organization.
- Able to demonstrate graphic design skills with a strong portfolio.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.