Sr. Principal Test Engineer 4 - TS/SCI/Poly required
- Fairfax, VA
At the heart of Defining Possible is our commitment to missions. In rapidly changing global security environments, Northrop Grumman brings informed insights and software-secure technology to enable strategic planning. We're looking for innovators who can help us keep building on our wide portfolio of secure, affordable, integrated, and multi-domain systems and technologies that fuel those missions. By joining in our shared mission, we'll support yours of expanding your personal network and developing skills, whether you are new to the field or an industry thought-leader. At Northrop Grumman, you'll have the resources, support, and team to do some of the best work of your career.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a talented self-motivated Test Engineer to join an exciting, complex, mission-focused software development project working with a team of qualified diverse individuals in Fairfax, VA.
The selected candidate will be part of a software development team supporting mission critical systems, and is expected to apply best software engineering principals and Agile engineering methodologies to research, design, develop, and modify software and systems.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Utilize the agile software development methodology to test in all phases of the agile lifecycle.
• Perform quality and testing activities to include writing test plans, creating test cases as necessary
• Demonstrate release capabilities to stakeholders
• Estimate and provide level of efforts to management
• Report and track defects found during testing cycles and communicate test progress.
• Analyze and understand user stories, testing to acceptance criteria and ensuring the software implements functionality as specified by the stories.
• Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of 9 years of related experience, a Master's Degree and a minimum of 7 years of experience, a PhD with a minimum of 4 years of experience, or a total of 13 years of experience without a degree.
• Active Top Secret with SCI and Polygraph clearance
• Experience engineering and testing computer/application software to produce the required product
• Understanding of various test methodologies
• Experience in automated testing practices including the design, development and debugging of tests
• Experience with cloud services technologies (e.g. AWS, Azure, Google Cloud). Cloud certifications.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Experience testing interfaces with other systems
• Some software development experience - e.g., scripting, coding
• Experience with Katalon or Selenium
• Experience with the engineering, development, testing and maintenance of data repositories, data management applications and systems, or data ingestion applications and systems.
• Experience identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement new options
• Experience with practices such as test-driven development (TDD), SecDevOps, Agile Software
• Ability to create documentation
• Good communication skills
• Ability to formulate and articulate an approach to solve problems
• Ability to work independently; is a self starter"
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top