Sr. Principal Systems Safety Engineer
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems is seeking a System Safety Engineer in Palmdale, California.
The successful candidate will be assigned to develop and deliver systems safety products as required using MIL-STD-882 as guidance.
- Reviews product systems, associated support equipment and facilities, functional specifications and operations, and establishes safety requirements for assigned systems.
- Independently analyzes and recommends safety criteria in system design, equipment and procedures to control or eliminate hazards.
- Develops safety documents as required to support customer and test/operational range requirements.
- Performs audits of operational areas and reports effectiveness of system safety program.
- Participates in accident investigations involving damage to products or related facilities and assists in identification of causes and corrective actions.
- Evaluates the interrelationship of system safety requirements and other aspects of concept design and development requirements to ensure the most cost effective program.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in STEM and 7 years of engineering experience.
- Active DoD Secret clearance
- Ability to obtain and maintain Special Program access is required as condition of continued employment
- Active Program Access
- Minimum of 6 years of direct experience in a System Safety related capacity.
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP)
- Aircraft Flightline experience
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top