Sr. Principal Systems Requirements and Interface Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air, land, sea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics, information systems, and technical services to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- As a core member of the Systems Engineering Integration and Test team, support the SEIT lead and embedded product Systems Engineering leads in the creation and maintenance of the program requirements database and interface requirements / definition documentation.
- Manage an existing requirements baseline and serve as the primary interface with customers and stakeholders in the creation and adjudication of requirements / interface changes for current and future implementations of the system.
- Ability to establish and oversee a collaborative DOORS requirements environment where all members of the Systems and Design teams are expected to actively work within DOORS for maintenance of all requirements information from derivation through verification planning and sell-off documentation.
- Administer the requirements Change Control Board (CCB) and process.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems.
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM discipline (Science, Technology, Engineering. Math) with 9 years of experience (7 years with a Masters Degree, 4 Years with a PhD
- Experience with requirements management using DOORS 9.6 / NextGen including creation and management of custom views and attributes
- Ability to create and maintain requirements to support System design that meets customer needs.
- Ability to maintain configuration control and process discipline.
- ActiveSecret security clearance
- 12+ years' experience in an RF design experience
- Experienced process lead with prior experience training/mentoring small teams
- Experience documenting and communicating processes and procedures
- Exposure to descriptive modeling using UML/SysML in IBM Rhapsody (or equivalent)
- Prior experience / exposure to working with Product Line Architectures / requirements where requirements are shared by multiple owning programs / assemblies
- Prior experience with data analysis (any type)
- Prior experience working the integration and/or test phases of a program
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top