Sr. Principal Systems Engineer Modeling Simulation - Secret clearance (Dulles, VA)
- Dulles, VA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Modeling and Simulation Analyst, to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will report to the Director of Space Systems Sector Modeling and Simulation.
This position will be based in the Dulles, Virginia area but remote operation from a major Northrop Grumman facility with travel to Dulles, VA, approximately one week per month will be considered.
Roles and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for modeling and simulation integration across the five divisions within Northrop Grumman's Space Systems Sector.
- Developing modeling and simulation capabilities to support sector-level future concepts.
- Developing models to support corporate cross-domain modeling and simulation activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM)
- 9 years of experience within space programs spanning system engineering architecture, requirements development, design, verification & test, and mission operations.
- Modeling and simulation experience across at least two of the following space engineering disciplines:
- RF payloads
- EO/IR payloads
- Narrow and wide-band communications
- Data distribution and fault management
- Space vehicle guidance, navigation and control:
- Attitude and ephemeris determination
- Attitude slew and tracking kinematics and closed-loop control
- Space vehicle power systems
- Space vehicle thermal systems
- Current and active Secret clearance
- Current and active Top Secret security clearance.
- Experience with multi-domain modeling and simulation (air-space and others).
- Software experience to include: Matlab, C++, Python, STK, Camtasia, SVN, GitHub, AFSIM, and/or Java
Back to top