Sr. Principal Systems Engineer for Satellites (Top Secret)
- Dulles, VA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems designs, builds and delivers space, defense and aviation-related systems to customers around the world. Our main products include launch vehicles and related propulsion systems; missile products, subsystems and defense electronics; precision weapons, armament systems and ammunition; satellites and associated space components and services; and advanced aerospace structures.
Successful candidates for this position will work in a technical role for a space program in Dulles, VA, in the National Security Space business area within the Space Systems Group. Multiple Systems Engineering positions at various levels are available in the following areas in support of a ground based service oriented architecture intended to service next generation space capability.
- CONOPS and Mission Analysis
- Systems Architecture optimizing ground system design, space vehicle design, processing and mission success.
- Requirements Management
- Interfaces and Interface Control Documentation
- Systems Level Integration and Test for a ground system
- Verification and Validation
- Resource Logistics and Execution
- Must have U.S. Citizenship with a current or active Top Secret level clearance, SCI eligible.
- This position requires a BS degree in Engineering or related technical field and at least 9 years of applicable experience, or an MS Degree and 7 years of applicable experience.
- This position can also he filled a level higher with a BS Degree in an engineering field and 14 years of applicable experience or MS Degree and 12 years of applicable experience.
Preferred Experience (one or more areas desired):
- CONOPS development for Space Based programs.
- Knowledge of various mission analysis techniques and software tools.
- Space to Ground and Mission Architecture
- Understanding of Agile software development practices.
- Background working software systems engineering.
- Requirements management using DOORS.
- On-orbit testing of space systems and testing of integrated ground systems.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most posi tions.
Back to top