Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering & Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Senior Principal Systems Engineer based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
What you'll get to do:
- Perform customer requirements elicitation leading to Requirements Development
- Lead/support system level trade studies
- Definition of high-level functional and performance requirements, subsequent analysis, decomposition, and derivation of requirements, allocation of those lower-level requirements to physical and functional architectural elements, and track them through design, integration, and operational validation
- Support a team of engineers to create, mature and present comprehensive and cohesive technical charts representative of the appropriate level of maturation for any given milestone meeting and demonstrate team readiness in relation to achieving the milestone entrance and exit criteria
- Identify required contractual deliverables and non-contractual documentation and drive corresponding updates to closure
- Coordinate and collaborate with diverse engineering design teams to assist in managing the technical baseline
- Support multiple engineering insertions simultaneously while ensuring the various maturations are synchronized
- Lead/support development of big data analytics capability
Basic Qualifications for Senior Principal Systems Engineer:
- 9 years of relevant experience with a Bachelor of Science degree in a STEM discipline; 7 years of relevant experience with a Masters' degree; 4 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain SCI access or active SCI access
- Understanding of systems engineering principles and processes
- Proficiency in MS Office and Matlab
- Effectively communicate and present to project and program management, other technical managers and customers
- Direct experience using the DOORS Requirements Management Database
- Familiarity with Model-Based Systems Engineering languages (SysML/UML) and concepts
- Excellent technical writing and team building skills
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Flexible Work Arrangements
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values . The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility . At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top