Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking an individual responsible for developing and supporting peer reviews simulation models generated in support of a restricted program area. Mission Systems Integration will be applied across multiple platforms/system with multiple software applications and services integrated over a common service bus.
The Sr. Principal Mission Systems Engineer will be responsible for supporting development efforts of new and existing system simulation frameworks, performance models, and algorithms, to identify, integrate, and accurately represent specific mission systems technologies that enable evaluation of advanced concepts and architectures, and convey results of those studies through effective visualizations. Activities include supporting military requirements analysis, threat system analysis, system survivability analysis, mission performance/effectiveness analysis, force level effectiveness analysis, and military utility assessments.
- Apply knowledge of complex mission systems and their capability to support military battle management functions across multiple security environments, advanced programs, architectures, and platforms
- Ability to lead a team providing mission systems integration modeling, simulation, and analysis support to accomplish long-term objectives related to program development, agile execution, and related research and development projects
- Communicate across the engineering disciplines and technology areas to integrate capabilities, and communicate technical capabilities and analyses with internal stakeholders and external customers
- Bachelor's degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline from an ABET accredited university with a MINIMUM of 9 years (7 years with a Masters, 4 years with a PhD) of systems integration experience
- Must have knowledge of space mission operations.
- Must have an active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or an Active SCI
- Advanced degree in Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Physics, or Computer Science
- Working knowledge in various aspects of advanced air and space assets (air vehicle, ground station, operations, sensor payloads, and/or communications) and associated technologies
- Ability to work both independent and in a team in a fast-paced environment, and brief technical approach and status to senior management
- Familiar with Agile Systems Engineering and Software Development processes
- Software development experience.
- Experience leading projects through the system engineering lifecycle, including SRR, PDR, CDR, and TRR and operations & sustainment.
- Familiarity with USAF modeling and simulation tools (e.g. AFSIM)
- Modeling and simulation experience to include distributed simulations
- Familiarity with battle management functions with a DOD service preferred
- Current full DoD TOP SECRET clearance w/ SCI.
- Operational Experience
- In-depth understanding of military and intelligence customer missions, in particular, first-hand experience with the Joint Planning Process, development and evaluation of tactics, operating plans, and operating concepts within current operations centers.
- They must also be familiar with Joint Doctrine, command and control operations, command relationships, and joint operations from strategic to tactical levels of war.
- Operational Command and Control background, joint and space operations background
- Space Operations Experience
- Extensive experience engaging with wide-range of military, intelligence, commercial, and civil stakeholders, from operators thru executives, in the design, planning, and execution of space capabilities; to include but not limited to space command and control and support to the joint warfighting campaign.
- Battle Space Management Functions
- Broad understanding of classified (DoD and SCI) and unclassified systems for C4ISR, BMC3, and TCPED; classification management.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top