Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Huntsville, AL
Are you interested in the opportunity to work for an industry leading company whose work with cutting-edge technology is driven by something human: the lives our technology protects? If so, Northrop Grumman may be the place for you. It's not the systems that drive us: it's the soldier our systems bring home. It's not just the equipment that motivates us: it's the people our equipment protects. It's not the innovation that gets us up in the morning: it's whom those innovations serve. We're united by our work to help people; and protect the world and that mission makes our team even stronger.
Northrop Grumman Defense Systems (NGDS) is looking for you to join our team as a Systems Engineer based out of Huntsville, Alabama.
What You'll get to Do:
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that
acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies
to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
- Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, integration and test, installation,
operation, and maintenance.
- Support technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and effectiveness analyses for
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Mission Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package
• Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
• Educational Assistance
• Life Insurance
• Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
• Paid Time Off
• Health & Wellness Resources
• Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day
Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off.
-9 Years of relevant experience with Bachelors in Science in a Science,
Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline; 7 Years with Masters; 4 with PhD
- Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following: data analysis, algorithm development, requirements
development, modeling & simulation, or interface development
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to both technical and nontechnical personnel
- Ability to obtain & maintain DoD Secret security clearance
- Active Secret Clearance
- Experience performing root cause analysis
- Experience in 1 or more of the following: proficiency with either MATLAB, Python, or C++ or other languages
- Experience in Air and Missile Defense or Command and Control
- Experience in Applying statistical methods to datasets to characterize system behavior and optimize performance
- Experience with wireless point-to-point, point-to-multipoint, and multipoint communication devices and systems -
Experience with Agile Development lifecycle process
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top