Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
- Melbourne, FL
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The successful candidate is expected to apply their expertise and knowledge of aircraft systems for development and analysis of system requirements and usage scenarios. Job responsibilities include decomposing high level requirements into systems and sub-systems specifications. Ensuring requirements are fully allocated, are understandable and testable. The Candidate will collaborate with E-2 suppliers and Customers, participate in working groups and gain design requirements approval from our Customers.
- Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints.
- Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline and 9 years of system engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM)discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of system engineering experience OR PhD in STEM and 4 years of experience.
- Experience in technical engineering requirements analysis, development, verification and/or validation using DOORS or similar requirements management tool sets.
- Must have an Active In-Scope DoD Secret Security Clearance that has been granted/renewed within the past 5 years
- The ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP) clearance before establishing a start date (contingency)
- Experience leading and coordinating small to medium sized technical teams employing the Agile development process.
- Experience with direct interface and collaboration with customer representatives.
- Experience as DOORS administrator capable of creating/employing advanced scripts.
Back to top