Sr. Principal Systems Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in land, air, sea and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way.
Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer for our Baltimore, MD team. The Systems Engineer will perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. The Systems Engineer will ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints, as well as, perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications.
Responsibilities of the position will include systems engineering content including but not limited to:
- Missions Engineering
- Stakeholder Analysis
- Requirements Engineering
- System Analysis & Trade Studies
- Modeling and Simulation
- System Architecture and Design
- Specialty Engineering
- System Security
- System Integration & Test
- System Verification & Validation
- Operation, Maintenance, and Sustainment
- Configuration Management
- Cost Engineering
Successful candidates should have a high degree of intellectual curiosity and desire to learn new ideas and concepts across the systems engineering lifecycle. Strong communication and people leadership skills paired with secure processing domain expertise are a must for this position.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline with 9 or more years of experience with Bachelors, 7 years with Masters, 4 with PHD
- Experience leading teams of systems engineers
- Experience in secure processing, integration, and test
- Strong systems thinking mindset
- Ability to communicate effectively to internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to obtain and maintain an Active DoD Interim Secret Clearance or higher
- Masters in STEM, business, or management
- Multiple domain expertise across the electromagnetic spectrum (e.g., radar and electronic warfare)
- Demonstrated knowledge of earned value management
- Work experience and/or exposure to manufacturing
- Work experience and/or exposure to Supply Chain Management (Sub-contractors)
- Work experience in one or more other engineering functional areas (Hardware, Software, Firmware, Field Engineering, etc.)
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top