Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist (Clearance Required)
- Redondo Beach, CA
Climb to new heights on your journey when you start Defining Possible with Northrop Grumman. Enjoy a purposeful career in aeronautics that is crucial to the way we connect and protect our world across land, sea, and air. Bring your experience and take advantage of this opportunity to discover how you can start to push past possible and achieve your goals today. Enjoy a diverse, collaborative environment with professionals across the nation ready to help launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems is hiring a Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialisttojoin our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position can be based out of Redondo Beach or San Diego, CA.
The Sr. Principal Supply Chain Subcontract Specialist will be expected to:
- Sources and procures specialized goods and services.
- Owns contractual management for the supplier.
- Responsible for source selection from contract proposal to execution phases.
- Coordinates and collaborates with key stakeholders such as contracts, engineering, quality, supplier development, planning, operations, program and end-users.
- Develops subcontract specifications, work statements, and terms and conditions for the procurement of specialized materials, equipment, and/or services.
- Prepares bid packages, conducts bidders conferences, conducts competitions for new and best value sources, analyzes and evaluates proposals, negotiates subcontract provisions, selects or recommends subcontractors, writes awards, and administers resulting subcontracts.
- In conjunction with quality organization, evaluates and monitors supplier quality and reliability, as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Identifies strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Manages performance of subcontracts, ensures compliance with all public law requirements as well as company (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations.
- Employs sound business practices and assesses supplier performance as part of follow-up activities.
- Ensures that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse organization so that proper receipt is recorded. Manages and develops strategic/key suppliers.
- Reviews and approves supplier payment as needed.
- Utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement.
- Ability to work autonomously
- Ability to interface directly with senior leadership and internal product team leads effectively
- Bachelor's Degree with 10 years of applied experience in Subcontracts/Procurement and/or other supply chain experience (14 years of experience in lieu of a degree) or a Master's Degree with 8 years of experience.
- Experience with SAP or another similar purchasing program
- Active Secret DoD Clearance within scope of 10 years
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Procurement.
- Active Top Secret DoD Clearance within scope of 5 years
- Experience with management of high dollar subcontract or complex subcontracts.
- Advanced working knowledge of FAR and DFARS regulations
Back to top