Sr Principal Supply Chain Specialist
- Plymouth, MN
SR. PRINCIPAL SUPPLY CHAIN PLANNING SPECIALIST
Supports and manages all subcontracted and purchased material for the Armament Systems Business Unit. Coordinate activities of various Supply Chain disciplines by creating and participating in program level Supply Chain strategies and plans. Ensure the placement and receipt of all material requirements to meet those strategies and plans in support of program requirements including complete material management / ownership (schedule, cost and Material EAC). This individual is the liaison between the program office and the Supply Chain organization and is responsible for the development, coordination and execution of all program specific material strategies, supply chain objectives, and enterprise objectives. Will represent Supply Chain to the Customer, Program Management and Armament Systems management. This individual may be responsible for multiple programs, which will have numerous variations in responsibilities from simple to complex. This individual will manage all program proposal Supply Chain activities in support of strategic pursuits to enable success of each program. International experience in desired.
The Sr. Principal Supply Chain Planning Specialist functions include, but are not limited to, functioning as the "owner" of the materials i.e. Deputy Program Manager for all material related items. This includes: developing material strategies on complex programs; facilitate Make/Buy decisions; prepare and execute Material Program Plans (MPPs) which includes both cost and schedule; identifying and mitigating complex program risks as they pertain to material requirements; achieve program material budget objectives by developing a set of strategies that will achieve those directives; gather estimate at complete (EAC) data and managing program purchase requirements to meet production build schedules; work closely with Subcontracts and Purchasing with resolving Supply Chain issues for the program and work closely with the program office in resolving program material cost problems. This individual will also be required to contribute to enterprise initiatives, with the program and within Supply Chain. Manage a material cost account under a program with EVMS requirements and cost accounting responsibility (material and labor) for an assigned program. May serve on an approval board such as CCB, MRB, etc.
• Achieve EAC (estimate at complete) and ETC (estimate to complete) goals within programs of responsibility.
• Achieve budget price variance (B.P.V.) goals for programs of responsibility
• Achieve material sales goals (Inventory Receipts)
• Support on-time delivery performance of suppliers within programs of responsibility (Supplier OTD >98%).
• Ensure high quality products from suppliers within programs of responsibility (Supplier Quality >98%).
• Develop and execute strategic commodity plans and procurement process improvements to ensure future / long term program success.
• Lead a group of purchasing professionals in the development of sourcing strategies, bid package preparation, supplier evaluation and selection.
• This individual must have at least 10 years of Subcontract or Purchasing experience plus, a bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related fields or at least 8 years of Subcontract or Purchasing experience plus, a master's Degree in Business, Finance, Supply Chain, Engineering or other related fields.
• This individual must be able to convert customer terms, conditions and requirements into estimating requirements for suppliers, and be able to review Supplier proposals for completeness and conformance to program requirements.
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal), leadership abilities, negotiation skills and the ability to team in a cross-functional environment are required to perform in this position.
• This individual must have experience providing complex material program strategies for programs with numerous end item and variations.
• This individual must be a self-starter, capable of achieving organizational and program objectives, and able to interface with all levels of internal management, supplier management and the external customer.
• Since the communication of information is a key component of this position, excellent presentation skills will be required in order to keep internal customers, suppliers and the external customer informed.
• Must be a US Citizen
• The ideal candidate brings 10+ years of relevant experience from a large DoD organization coupled with a deep understanding of supply chain management and program management.
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing and planning, material procurement, MRP/ERP planning and transactions, BOM structures, and material estimating and Basis of Estimate creation. Experience with Deltek Costpoint system(s) is a plus.
• Understanding of FAR/DFAR Regulations.
• Prefer someone with excellent time management skills and the ability to set the appropriate priorities to the many tasks that they will be required to perform.
• Experience leading teams is desired as this individual may also be required to lead specialized groups for the purpose of achieving specific organization goals.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top