Sr. Principal Structural Engineer
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
No matter the assignment, Northrop Grumman is committed to being a leader in Cyber, Logistics and Modernization, Autonomous Systems, C4ISR, and Strike. For us, it's about more than just performing. It means realizing the values that define us: responsibility, trust, integrity and protecting freedom worldwide. These values inspire and unite our people- who make everything we do possible.
The Engineering, Sciences and Technology (ES&T) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
The Structures team at Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Sr Principal Structural Engineer based out of Annapolis or Sunnyvale.
What You'll get to Do:
Component and system level finite element models using Hypermesh and post process analysis results using Hyperview, Matlab and Excel.
- Linear finite element static, vibration, modal and direct frequency response, and response spectra analyses using Nastran.
- Nonlinear static and transient finite element analyses using ABAQUS.
- Fatigue, fracture mechanics, weld, bolting, and buckling calculations
Work location will be Annapolis or Sunnyvale.
You'll Bring These Qualifications for a Sr Principal Structural Engineer:
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with nine or more years applicable experience; Master's degree in a STEM discipline with seven or more years applicable experience.
- Experience in developing large system level finite element models using a wide variety of element types.
- Experience in performing a wide variety of classical and finite element analysis solution types.
- Demonstrated skills communicating technical and/or programmatic ideas and information both down to less experienced team members and up to engineering management and external customers.
- US citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with the following software tools: NX, Hypermesh, Nastran, Abaqus, Matlab.
- Experience supporting a US government customer.
- Engineering experience with complex systems, vehicles, or machinery.
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your package will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Additional benefits
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- Education Assistance
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top