Sr. Principal Structural Dynamics Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems located in Redondo Beach, CA has an opening for a Sr. Principal Structural Dynamics Engineer .
In this role you will:
- Generate and Analyze vibration, shock, and acoustic environments
- Perform vibro-acoustic analysis and test
- Support sub-system qualification activities
- Lead the definition, analysis, and application of structural design criteria and resulting airframe dynamic loads for various aerospace projects
- Be responsible to build consensus through peer and SME review and communicate test and analysis results to internal and external customers.
- Be an expert user of commercial software such as NASTRAN, ZAERO, and MATLAB for flutter, gust, ASE, and dynamic loads analyses.
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering or related technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with9 years of relevant professional experience, a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or relevant technical discipline from an ABET accredited university with7 years of relevant professional experience, OR a PhD with 4 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience with Nastran,FEMAP/PATRAN, and Zona tools
- Minimum of4 years' experience with vibro-acoustic analysis and test
- Candidate must have and be able to maintain an active U.S. Government security clearance at the Secret level with a background investigation date within 10 years
- Master's Degree in Aerospace Engineering
- Experience programming in FORTRAN, C, Python, or Matlab
- Experience performing structural dynamic flight and ground testing
- Experience performingaeroelasticity analyses and test
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top