Sr. Principal Structural Analysis Engineer
- El Segundo, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautics Systems has an opening for a Sr. Principal Structural Analysis Engineer to join our team of highly qualified and diverse individuals. This position will be located in El Segundo, California and will perform structural analysis on composite and metallic structures to support aircraft programs and advanced technologies.
- Develop solutions to complex structural analysis problems for aircraft-based platforms involving both composite and metallic structure to ensure structural integrity.
- Perform structural analysis using classical methods, commercial tools, and in-house codes for multidisciplinary technical problems.
- Provide technical mentorship and leadership to other structural analysts
- Coordinate with other engineering disciplines for analysis inputs and design implementation details, document stress analyses, and report results to internal and external customers when necessary.
- Present concise explanations of structural issues/solutions to internal management and customer representatives.
- Review completed analyses, drawings, and repairs for accuracy, clarity, and completeness.
- Support structural testing with pre-test analysis and authoring of test plans and test reports.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of STEM related engineering experience, or a Master's Degree in a STEM discipline and 7 years of experience, or 4 years of experience with a PhD.
- Experience in Metallic or Composite Structural Analysis of primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- Experience using industry standard structural analysis software such as NASTRAN (MSC & NX), PATRAN, FEMAP, Mathcad, etc.
- Candidates must have, and be able to maintain, a current active in-scope US Government DoD Secret security clearance or higher which is required to start, with the ability to obtain Special Program Access (SAP).
- Bachelor's or Master's of Science degree in Aerospace, Mechanical, or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Familiarity with CAD applications (CATIA / NX)
- Experience in Structural Analysis Methods and documentation, including hand-sheet analysis, as well as the development and manipulation of large Finite Element Models using NASTRAN, FEMAP or other FEM tools.
- Participation in multiple design and analysis cycles in aircraft and/or spacecraft development programs
- Experience working on Special Access Programs
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top