Sr. Principal Space Systems Engineer
- Redondo Beach, CA
Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today.
Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible.
The GE SEIT Installation Lead will be responsible for the coordination and oversight of GE installation activities. The Installation Lead will manage the GE Installation Process including but not limited to writing Request for Changes (RFCs) and Installation Completion Reports (ICRs), presenting at Pre-Ship Audits/Pre-Ship Reviews (PSA/PSRs), In-Briefs, coordinating Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs), Test Review Boards (TRBs), and supporting Program Sell-Off Milestones. In addition, be responsible for conducting daily status meetings, providing direction to the I&T team members, updating and publishing the day-to-day installation activity schedule. The Installation Lead will act as an ambassador for the NG GE Organization by performing liaison duties with site management and government representatives to facilitate the installation process with minimum impact to on-going site operations. Communication reporting the installation progress or issues with GE SEIT Management and/or the Program Office in a timely, transparent, continuous matter is essential.
The position will involve factory SOW and long term overseas assignments, the first assignment being up to a year in duration. Position has additional compensation benefits.
Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & - Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
- Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work
For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 7+ years of engineering experience OR PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 4+ years of engineering experience
- Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or Active SCI clearance
- Must be willing to accept a future overseas assignment
- Master's Degree in Engineering
- Experience working on aircraft or spacecraft systems
- Experience in developing, managing, and decomposing requirements
- Experience in system architecture, CONOPs, or model based system engineering
- Experience in subsystem, payload, or system integration
- Experience using DOORS, Cameo
- Strong People and Technical Leadership Skills
- Excellent communication Skills (upward and downward)
Back to top