Sr Principal Software Process Lead
At Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Next Generation Polar satellite program is seeking a Software Process Lead. As part of this exciting new program, the Process Lead will be responsible for defining and documenting the flight software development approach, authoring the Software Development Plan and Software Measurement Plan, collaborating across program elements to identify software process intersections with key program management approaches (CM/DM, risk management), supporting cost modeling and proposal activities, and representing the software team in interactions with the Software Engineering Process Group (SEPG).
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) discipline.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience, including 5 years of experience in the software development discipline in a professional capacity.
- Demonstrated performance in professional-quality softwaredocumentation creation and sustainment.
- Previous experience in formal cost modeling.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- Previous experience in developing a Software Development Plan is preferred, as is experience using SEER-SEM.
- Current in-scopeSSBI clearance is preferred.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top