Sr. Principal Software Engineer (TS)
At Northrop Grumman we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
The Engineering and Sciences (E&S) organization pushes the boundaries of innovation, redefines engineering capabilities, and drives advances in various sciences. Our team is chartered with providing the skills, innovative technologies to develop, design, produce and sustain optimized product lines across the sector while providing a decisive advantage to the warfighter. Come be a part of our mission!
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems (NGMS) is looking for you to join our team as a Software Engineer based out of Redondo Beach, CA.
What You'll Get To Do:
The candidate will have the opportunity to design, develop, document, test, and debug software written in various computer languages. The candidate will ensure that the developed software is effective and takes into consideration performance and security implications. We cover a wide variety of DevOps technologies including Atlassian suite of tools (Bamboo, Jira, Bitbucket), Fortify, Ansible, and many more. Must have the ability to work effectively within a team environment, ability to interface with other groups within the project including distributed teams, well-developed problem-solving skills, and ability to work within a dynamic environment. Works under general direction. Determines and develops technical solutions to complex problems independently.
Meet Your Potential Manager
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics (STEM) discipline with 9 years related experience; Master's in STEM discipline with 7 years related experience
- Proficiency in one or more of the following: Java, C#, .Net, C/C++, Python
- Must have experience in software development deliverables and processes
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; strong interpersonal and analytic skills
- Works well in a team environment
- Current DoD Top Secret or SCI Clearance
- Ability to obtain SAP Clearance
- Experience with Agile development and continuous integration and test
- Demonstrated ability to implement process improvements, streamline activities, and develop efficiencies
- Previous in depth domain knowledge of program software design and code preferred
- Proficiency with DevOps technologies including Jenkins, Fortify, Ansible, Atlassian suite
What We Can Offer You:
Northrop Grumman provides a comprehensive benefits package and a work environment that encourages your growth and supports the mutual success of our people and our company. Northrop Grumman benefits give you the flexibility and control to choose the benefits that make the most sense for you and your family. Your benefits will include the following:
- Health Plan
- Savings Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Education Assistance
- Training and Development
- 9/80 Schedule
Additional Northrop Grumman Information:
Northrop Grumman has approximately 85,000 employees in all 50 states and in more than 25 countries, we strive to attract and retain the best employees by providing an inclusive work environment wherein employees are receptive to diverse ideas, perspectives and talents to help solve our toughest customer challenges: to develop and maintain some of the most technically sophisticated products, programs and services in the world.
Our Values. The women and men of Northrop Grumman Corporation are guided by Our Values. They describe our company as we want it to be. We want our decisions and actions to demonstrate these Values. We believe that putting Our Values into practice creates long-term benefits for shareholders, customers, employees, suppliers, and the communities we serve.
Our Responsibility. At Northrop Grumman, we are committed to maintaining the highest of ethical standards, embracing diversity and inclusion, protecting the environment, and striving to be an ideal corporate citizen in the community and in the world.
Back to top