Sr Principal Software Engineer - Build Integration, DevOps
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Sr.Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne, Florida.
The individual performing this role will be responsible for identifying and solving issues concerning software integration and build to ensure a successful build, packaging, and deployment of program software (OFP, O/S, middleware, and firmware) in a DevOps environment. The candidate will be required to have a basic understanding of the system; including being able to initialize it, operate it, and integrate on it.
- Identify software integration/build problems and corresponding solutions working with the software development teams
- Aid in developing and implementing scripts to ensure the build, packaging, and deployment is automated
- Aid in developing/implementing scripts within Bamboo/JIRA and GIT to ensure build integration measurements and milestones are tracked and reported
- Participate as a member of multiple reporting boards as a key stakeholders
- Develop innovative and modern software testing solutions
- Encourage re-use on adopting programs by designing and/or developing a common test approach and development across the entire COMSA enterprise
- Perform adopting program interface functions during software product handover events
- Manage and facilitate efficient defect management on and across COMSA
- Provide feedback and help develop the overall, maturing system architecture
- Coach/mentor others on COMSA and developing programs
We offer flexible work arrangements, great learning opportunities, exposure to a wide variety of projects and customers, and a very friendly team environment. We are looking for self-motivated, proactive, and goal-oriented people to help us grow our services and become even better at what we do.
- Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of experience as a software engineer OR
- Master's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 7 years of experience as a software engineer
- PhD degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 4 years of experience in software engineering
- Demonstrated experience of object-oriented analysis and design and developing software using C/C++
- Working knowledge of multiple programming languages (Java, C, C++, Python, Bamboo, GIT, JIRA, Agile)
- At minimum, an active, in-scope DoD security clearance at the Secret level
- Knowledge of COMSA architecture and integration
- Experience with scripting of Confluence
- Working knowledge of COMSA configuration files
- Scripting knowledge of Bamboo/GIT/JIRA
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Meet Some of Northrop Grumman's Employees
A’Darien J.Enterprise Communications Professional
A’Darien oversees executive and organizational communications within the company in order to ensure all Northrop Grumman employees are kept in the know and are aware of the company’s values.
Back to top