Sr. Principal Software Engineer
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Senior Principal Software Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Melbourne FL.
Lead a team of 6-8 engineers that will analyze, develop, modify and maintain customized or standardized applications using software engineering best practices and standards for the Universal Armament Interface (UAI) compliant MIL-STD-1760 Stores Management Systems (SMS) and perform data reduction from a weapon truth data set to a representation that may be used on an aircraft to generate the Launch Acceptability Region (LAR) and Time of Flight (TOF) to the target. The team will conduct research and design, develop, document, test and debug applications software and systems that contain logical and mathematical solutions.
The candidate will participate in the full Agile life-cycle of software development, to include requirements analysis, modeling and design, application development, unit and CSCI level testing, and support integration, formal system testing, release, installation, and maintenance. The candidate will interface on occasion with the customer and excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills are required.
- Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) discipline from an accredited university and 9 years of software engineering experience OR a Master's Degree in Bachelor's Degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) and 7 years of software engineering experience
- Experience in object-oriented analysis and design
- Experience developing software with languages such as C/C++ and Python
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows development
- Ability to obtain and maintain aDoD Secret clearance
- Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or other related field with 10+ years' experience
- Experience in US Government Working Groups and/or Consortiums
- Familiarity with UAI, MIL-STD-882 and/or 1760, and D0-178C
- Familiarity with Agile software development process
- Familiarity with modeling the dynamics of a vehicle or weapon, i.e. 6 degree of freedom (6DOF)
- Familiarity with the UAI Common LAR methodologies. Developing/conducting sensitivity studies, developing/conducting covariance analysis
- Preference to work in software/hardware integration and rapid prototyping
- Current possession of Top Secret clearance a plus
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
- Able to work independently and identify solutions to complex problems
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top