Sr. Principal SoC FPGA Design
Our Sonar Engineering team is seeking dependable individuals adept at working in a collaborative, interdisciplinary environment and are interested in expanding their horizons. Our Sonar Innovation Lab needs someone with advanced skills in firmware development with established experience working with Xilinx FPGAs and embedded software in a version controlled, team environment. This individual will be accustomed to leveraging major simulation tools ad test benches as an integral part of the design and implementation process.
This individual will be responsible for continuing the development and focused application of our µ SASTM product line, a fully embedded, interferometric, synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) boasting very low SWaP and real time beamforming.
Tasks will included guiding existing technology into adjacent opportunities and continuing to improve the performance of the existing product line. Individual will also ensure integrated designs are ready for manufacture/production, for engineering follow through production addressing any issues that arise within cost and schedule constraints, and for factory acceptance level testing (FAT), both bench-level and within an Acoustic Test Facility. Once through FAT, this individual may be asked to travel to participate in field testing. Familiarity with sonar/sensor data analysis and interpretation of data against requirements is encouraged.
This position will be located at our Annapolis, MD facility.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or related field
- 9+ years' of relevant experience is required. (7+ years' with MS degree or 4+ years with PhD)
- FPGA Design experience with System on a Chip (SoC) platforms
- VHDL and/or Verilog experience
- Software and Firmware Design experience with C/C++
- Eligibility to obtain a US Government Security Clearance
- Experience with Xilinx 7 series (Zynq, Kintex) and Ultrascale family of devices
- Prior experience with the implementation and analysis of digital signal processing (DSP) algorithms (MATLAB or C preferred)
- Modelsim and/ or Vivado Simulator experience
- Software build tool experience (cmake, autotools, bitbake, etc.) preferred
- Prior experience with the development and test of FPGA based signal processing algorithms.
- Development experience with sonar, radar, or communication systems preferred.
- GPU programming (e.g. CUDA) experience
- Printed Circuit Board design and test experience
- GIT and Subversion configuration management
- Embedded Linux and build tools
- Active Secret or TS
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top