Sr. Principal SharePoint Developer
At Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems we develop cutting-edge technology that preserves freedom and advances human discovery. Our pioneering and inventive spirit has enabled us to be at the forefront of many technological advancements in our nation's history - from the first flight across the Atlantic Ocean, to stealth bombers, to landing on the moon. We continue to innovate with developments from launching the first commercial flight to space, to discovering the early beginnings of the universe. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Works with integrated product teams, business analysts and software developers on project teams as they document their data requirements and establish thorough specifications. Conducts facilitation sessions to gather requirements.
- Uses SharePoint 2013 to build OOTB sites and workflows. Supports existing SharePoint 2010 and 2013 applications.
- Trains user community on benefits of proper use of SharePoint technologies versus network shares.
- Interfaces with server admins to enforce IT policies and evaluate user requests for features and enhancements.
- Reviews and reports on project metrics to benchmark effectiveness.
- Works closely with all stakeholders to ensure that business models are accurately implemented in application systems. Provides education on the naming and modeling standards; assists with modeling specific constructs. Reviews project models to ensure adherence to standards. Ensures data quality alignment.
- Works on and across multiple projects to ensure consistency in naming conventions and promotes the sharing and reuse of data across applications and business areas. Ensures that data analysis goals are met.
- Contributes to data management internal projects as well as the upgrading of standards and best practice guidelines
- Revises existing systems and procedures to correct deficiencies and maintain more effective data handling, conversion, input/output requirements, and storage.
- Manages all aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between various stakeholders.
- Reviews status of projects and budgets; manages schedules and prepares status reports.
- Assesses project issues and develops resolutions to meet productivity, quality, and client-satisfaction goals and objectives. Individual will be responsible for managing large and small scale projects for programs and functional homeroom.
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM disciplinewith9 years experience OR Master's Degree with 7 years experience
- Experience working and managing collaborative Microsoft Office documentation with multiple editors, maintaining configuration control over dynamic and dispensed content under tight deadline
- 4 years experience administering SharePoint 2010 and/or 2013 site collections
- 5 years experiencedevelopingcontract proposals to US Government customers
- Active SECRET security clearance or higher (no Interim SECRET)
- Active TOP SECRET security clearance withSCI access.
- Ideal applicant will be enthusiastic about process improvement, efficiency, excellent customer service, and working with different teams from all functions.
- Candidate should be able to juggle multiple assignments and manage changing priorities. Proven ability to work independently with little oversight is key.
- Strong project management and communications skills are highly desired.
- Experience developing custom SharePointlist forms.
- Experience integrating SQL Server databases with SharePoint front end via SSIS packages.
- Expert level SharePoint knowledge with multiple years of experience building and managing site collections, sites, and workflows.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO . U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Back to top