Sr. Principal SATCOM Engineer
- Palmdale, CA
At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aeronautic Systems has an opening for an Airborne Satellite Communications Responsible Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Palmdale, CA.
The SATCOM Engineer is responsible for the design, integration, test and support of airborne satellite communications systems. The successful individual is expected to be a highly-motivated, self-starter who is willing to work in a fast paced, team setting. Regular activities may include analyzing, modeling, troubleshooting, designing and simulating satellite communications systems, subsystems, and algorithms for communication networks, data links, digital radio, signal coding and modulation schema, and network architecture design.
- Support satellite communication system analysis, design, engineering capture, build, and integration
- Document system requirements and interfaces, with traceability to requirements
- Perform technical evaluation and analysis of supplier proposals, design data, and definition of functional test requirements including acceptance, qualification, system integration and test execution
- Develop statement of work and performance specifications for Suppliers
- Perform liaison duties to disseminate information to Suppliers, Leadership, and other Integrated Product Teams and external customers
- Support Cost Account Managers (CAMs), Project Leads, and leadership for proposal development, cost planning, and performance tracking efforts
- Actively participate in Program Risk and Opportunity Management
- Direct the activities of subordinate engineers to complete project assignments
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
Back to top